the nitty gritty
aka everything you need to know for your stay
+ how to get there
- Mount Majura Vineyard is located at 88 Lime Kiln Road, Majura ACT 2607
- Park anywhere in the designated carpark at the front of the cellar door.
+ what to bring
- not a thing.
- but seriously, pack lightly. Cars can't enter the vineyard due to biosecurity reasons, so you're tent is about a 5 minute walk from the cellar door.
+ check-in times
- check-in between 2pm - 5pm
- if checking in after 5pm, give us a bell to facilitate access to the carpark and your bottle of wine (if staying Schmick)
+ what do when you arrive
- head to the cellar door for a wine tasting, obviously! For those with Schmick Packages, this is on the house (as well as a bottle of your choice).
- stroll to your cubby - the code for the tent zipper is in your reminder email.
- the vineyard is yours for the evening!
+ what's inside the tents
- king bed with linen sheets, king pillows and seasonal quilts
- beautiful custom furniture from Curious Tales
- dried florals from Wiluna Studio
- plates, bowls, cutlery, mugs, glassware and napkins
- small hot water boiler, tea and coffee
- mini fridge
- solar power - enough for lighting and a USB port for phone charging (if absolutely necessary...).
- boardgames, magazines and books.
- outhouses are available at each cubby, with eco-composting toilets and a fresh water supply to the sinks.
- to flush the toilet, fresh the blue button for a little bit of water and then pull the grey lever on the lefthand side.
- the bathrooms at the cellar door are also open 24/7.
- due to the intricacies of water supply and run off on a working vineyard, there are currently no shower facilities available.
- Schmicnics will either be stored in your mini-fridge, or, we'll drop it out to you around dinner time. It totally depends on the chefs.
- Feel free to bring your own food, snacks or drinks and store it in the mini-fridge.
- rumour has it that Turkish and pizza is available on Deliveroo as well.
- breakfast totally depends on the day, it'll either be waiting for you in the tent upon arrival, or, we'll drop it out between 7 and 8:30am.
- if you're still snoozing, we'll always leave it on the deck.
+ not from town?
Eat by Day
Three Mills Bakery
- located in Majura Park, the team at Three Mills serve up a mean coffee, as well as baked goods, breakfast and lunch.
- "If there was an award for Canberra's fanciest burger, this might just get the gong" (Her Canberra). Serving food out of a shipping container at the entrance of The Truffle Farm, they have a selection of mouth watering truffle snacks.
- Located in Campbell, There’s dude food, fancy stuff, exotic tea, specialty coffee and now, at long last, there’s alcohol. If you've had a few too many wines the night before, we highly recommend the brekky roll.
Eat and Drink all the time
- The best suburbian restaurant in town, Pilot, is open for dinner Wed-Sat and Sunday lunch. You can choose between their a la carte menu or prix fixe menu (a selection of their favourite dishes + some extras). They have a mean wine list, and we also highly recommend their non-alcoholic pairing.
- Also located in Campbell, Intra offers 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕𝚝𝚢 𝚌𝚘𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚎, 𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚎 and 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐.
Capital Brewing Co
- Just a 10 minute drive from the vineyard in the Dairy Road Precinct, Capital Brewing Co pours some seriously delicious froths. Play games on the lawn and enjoy one of Canberra's infamous burgers from the red van (Brodburger).
If you feel like venturing into the city, we'd recommend:
- Bar Rochford for drinks, dinner and dark, moody vibes
- 86 for drinks, dinner and loud, boisterous vibes
- Barrio for coffee and all round good food
- Kyo for coffee and the best bacon and egg roll on the planet.
Things to Do
The Truffle Farm
- is located next door - quite literally if you're staying at Frank!
- Jayson runs truffle hunts throughout winter and also has a big family of friendly dogs and pigs. If staying at Frank, you are welcome to feed his pigs over the fence - just watch your fingers!! If you have any queries or concerns, give us a bell on 0438 284 422 or contact Jayson directly on 0400 483 082.
- feeling adventurous? Head to BlocHaus for a bouldering sesh. Quench your thirst afterwards with the guys at Capital Brewing.
- If the day's looking glorious, book with GoBoat and be your own captain while exploring Canberra on Lake Burley Griffin.
+ getting in and out
- you can come and go as you please during your stay.
- if the carpark gates are locked, you can find the key in the lockbox. Check your reminder email for the location and code.
+ check-out times
- check-out at 10am.
- if you’re after a sleep-in, just send us a text the day before and we’ll see what we can do.
+ how to check out
- pop your rubbish in the outside bins. Please help us be sustainable by seperating into glass, paper + card and waste. Remember, this is a working farm, so keeping your rubbish outside helps with unwanted pests sneaking into the tents!
- close the mesh doors
- if the weather forecast is lookin' good, feel free to leave the canvas doors open, otherwise shut them too, please.
- put the lock back on.
- you're good to go!
+ how'd we do?
- feel free to send us an email or give us a call with any feedback you have. we're always looking to do better and make it the best possible experience for our guests.